'Tis the season of genre-bending new festivals: hot on the heels of the inaugural White Light Festival, the Kaufman Center brings us the Ecstatic Music Festival: a two month series of events exploring the "fertile terrain" between new/classical and indie/pop music. The festival is the brainchild of NewAm's Judd Greenstein, whose uber-inclusive label has become the local nexus of this kind of cross-pollination.
- A free seven-hour marathon on MLK Day (Jan 17)
- Nico and Valgeir performing with the Chiara String Quartet (Jan 19)
- Dan Deacon performing with So Percussion (Jan 20)
- Tune-Yards with Caleb and William Brittelle (2/19)
- Owen Pallett performing with Doveman and Nadia Sirota (3/9)
Tickets are $25, or you can purchase a four-concert subscription for the sort-of-discounted price of $80. Watch the video below for more info.